NFL News & Rumors: Friday 6/1
- Broncos sign fourth-round pick C Philip Blake to a four-year contract.
- Broncos DC Jack Del Rio plans to use second-round pick Derek Wolfe as a DE in their base sets and as a DT in nickel packages. (Denver Post)
- Colts sign third-round pick WR T.Y. Hilton to a four-year contract.
- Cowboys waive P Jake Rogers.
- Dolphins sign fourth round pick RB Lamar Miller to a four year deal.
- Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter is expected to employ more no-huddle this season. (CBSSports.com)
- Falcons DT Corey Peters is expected to be out until the start of training camp because of a foot injury. (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
- Giants TE Martellus Bennett has gone from 265 pounds to 291 for the start of OTAs. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Giants DT Marvin Austin mentioned that he’s 100 percent recovered from last year’s torn pectoral injury. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Jaguars waive CB Morgan Trent.
- Jets rookie WR Jordan White fractured the fifth metatarsal in his left foot during an OTAs
- Jets sign TE Tarren Lloyd and waive OT John Cullen.
- Jets rookie WR Stephen Hill has impressed the team with his ability to beat jams at the line of scrimmage during OTAs. (ESPN New York)
- Packers claim DB Micah Pellerin off waivers from the Colts. (Bill Huber)
- Packers S M.D. Jennings has been a standout during the teams’ OTAs and has a chance to win the starting S job. (Green Bay Press-Gazette)
- Panthers have second-round pick Amini Silatolu playing as their first-team guard. (Joe Person)
- Panthers OT Jeff Otah recently underwent an MRI on his left knee. (Charlotte Observer)
- The Patriots have yet to approach SS Pat Chung regarding a contract extension. (Boston Herald)
- Rams sign seventh-round pick LB Aaron Brown to a four-year contract.
- Rams sign fourth round pick WR Chris Givens to a four-year deal.
- Rams sign seventh-round pick RB Daryl Richardson to a four-year contract. (Ryan Van Bibber)
- Rams sign fifth-round pick G Rokevious Watkins to a four-year contract.
- Steelers WR Emmanuel Sanders mentioned that he’s “100 percent” recovered from offseason knee surgery. (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette)
- Steelers OC Todd Haley expects to use fifth-round pick Chris Rainey as a “hybrid” running back/slot receiver role. (Pittsburgh Tribune-Review)
- Vikings fourth-round pick WR Greg Childs suffered a calf strain and has been sitting out OTAs.
Tags Aaron Brown Chris Givens Chris Rainey Corey Peters Daryl Richardson Derek Wolfe Dirk Koetter Emmanuel Sanders Greg Childs Jake Rogers Jeff Otah John Cullen Jordan White Lamar Miller M.D. Jennings Martellus Bennett Marvin Austin Micah Pellerin Morgan Trent Pat Chung Philip Blake Rokevious Watkins Stephen Hill T.Y. Hilton Tarren Lloyd