NFL News & Rumors: Wednesday 8/21
- QB E.J. Manuel is rehabbing his knee after having surgery on Monday. (Chris Brown)
- Buccaneers waive LB Joe Holland.
- Head coach Bruce Arians is frustrated with RB Ryan Williams‘ recent knee problems. (Adam Green)
- Cardinals waive WRs Robert Gill and Robby Toma.
- DE Jason Vega has been signed. (Brandon George)
- Cowboys reached an injury settlement with DE Toby Jackson
- The running back competition is still wide open. (Armando Salguero)
- CB Dimitri Patterson the favorite to start opposite Brent Grimes now that Richard Marshall has been released. (Miami Herald)
- DB Terrell Thomas will play in this weekend’s preseason game against the Jets. (ESPN New York)
- FS Antrel Rolle expects to return to the practice field soon and could be available for Week 1. (Newark Star-Ledger)
- WR Terrell Sinkfield has been signed.
- OL David Diehl has been ruled out for six weeks.
- QB Kirk Cousins has yet to return to the practice field, and unlikely to play against the Bills this weekend. (Mark Maske)
- NT Barry Cofield will be active for the team’s Week 1 match up. (Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star)
Tags A.J. Green Ahmad Bradshaw Antrel Rolle Arian Foster Ashlee Palmer Barkevious Mingo Brent Grimes Bruce Arians Damian Williams David Diehl David Johnson DeAndre Hopkins Denarius Moore Dimitri Patterson Don Barclay E.J. Manuel Geno Smith James Starks Jared Veldheer Jason Smith Jason Vega Jermichael Finley Jeron Mastrud Joe Holland Jordy Nelson Julian Edelman Kendall Wright Kirk Cousins Le'Veon Bell Lex Hilliard Marques Colston Randall Cobb Richard Gordon Richard Marshall Robby Toma Robert Gill Ryan Williams Tarell Brown Tashaun Gipson Terrell Sinkfield Terrell Thomas Toby Jackson Tony Gonzalez Wade Smith Wesley Woodyard Zach Sudfeld