- Matt Maiocco reports that the 49ers have not approached either free agent WR Anquan Boldin or RB Reggie Bush about re-signing with them.
- Brad Biggs reports that the Bears are bringing in Dartmouth QB Dalyn Williams for a tryout during their rookie minicamp this weekend.
Chargers GM Tom Telesco mentioned that RB Melvin Gordon (knee) is on track for the start of training camp.
“Every knee injury is unique to the player,” Telesco said, via ESPN.com. “But I think with microfracture surgery there are two key elements to it — the size of the treatment area and the location of it — and both with Melvin were favorable.
“He’s on track with everything. He’s been on the field working. We’ll continue to monitor him throughout the offseason, but everything is on track with training camp right now.”
- Chiefs GM John Dorsey mentioned that they attempted to trade up in round one, but “the competition was too much.” (Alex Marvez)
- Dorsey added that they were happy to be able to trade down and still get DL Chris Jones in round two. (Alex Marvez)
- Dolphins HC Adam Gase downplayed the idea of Peyton Manning‘s “tutoring” of QB Ryan Tannehill a few months ago, saying that the meetings were largely overblown by the media. (Alex Marvez)
- According to Gase, it was basically just a lunch between Manning and Tannehill.