49ers HC Chip Kelly told reporters on Monday that he is not yet considering a possible quarterback change at this point.
“He’s our starter. I’ve got a lot of confidence in Blaine,” said Kelly via the Sacramento Bee. “We’re not thinking or talking about not having Blaine in there. It’s about everybody on offense playing better right now.”
- Several sources within the Bills’ organization tell Jason Cole of B/R that owners Terry and Kim Pegula are “undermining” Rex Ryan’s ability to run the team by getting involved in team’s football decisions.
- According to Cole, the Pegula’s not only had a role in OC Greg Roman being fired, but they also pushed for the team to sign DT Marcell Dareus to a contract extension and consulted with him before firing their defensive line coach this summer.
- Chargers HC Mike McCoy said that S Jahleel Addae is undergoing surgery for a fractured left collarbone/clavicle. (Michael Gehlken)
- Josina Anderson reports that an MRI on Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin‘s knee came back negative on Monday. Baldwin also texted Anderson saying: “I’m good.“
- Joel Corry mentions that with Vikings RB Adrian Peterson is unlikely to earn the $1 million incentive included in his contract for 1,550 or more rushing yards and a Vikings’ playoff win following the news that he has a meniscus tear.
- Corry adds that it will be interesting to see what the Vikings do with Peterson’s $18 million option next year. Minnesota has until the last day of 2016 league year to pick it up.