- Matt Miller of B/R mentions that the 49ers could very well be drafting in the top-five next year, which means taking a quarterback could be a possibility for them.
- Miller considers California QB Jared Goff to be the No. 1 player in next year’s draft, and a potential option for San Francisco.
- Other quarterback options for the 49ers could be Penn State’s Christian Hackenberg and Memphis’ Paxton Lynch.
- Bills HC Rex Ryan said Friday that he expects QB Tyrod Taylor to be back in the lineup in for their Week 9 game. (Chris Brown)
Todd Archer of ESPN downplayed the talk of RB Christine Michael seeing a lot of work in the Cowboys’ Week 7 game. In fact, Archer said that people should “tap the brakes a little bit” when it comes to lofty expectations for Michael.
“The Cowboys have said he will be in the mix more. But all he needs to do to be involved ‘more’ is get two carries in a game,” Archer said of Michael. “…While I certainly believe he will get more than that, Joseph Randle will continue as the lead ball carrier.”
- According to Manish Mehta, the Jets didn’t even work out veteran punter Steve Weatherford before signing him to a contract on Saturday.
- Mehta adds that they were in a “pinch” and had to bring someone in ahead of tomorrow’s game.
- According to Ed Werder, Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger is capable of playing, but it would be risky for them send Big Ben out there against the pass rushers on the Chiefs’ defense.
“Adrian is Adrian,” Goessling source said.