Home / Bills / NFL Notes: Andrew Luck, Victor Cruz, Bills, & Bears
NFL Notes: Andrew Luck, Victor Cruz, Bills, & Bears
- Colts HC Chuck Pagano announced that QB Andrew Luck is officially questionable for Sunday’s game against the Jaguars.
- Pagano said he’s “absolutely” confident that Luck can start this weekend, despite the fact that he has had a tough time throwing this week.
- Giants WR Victor Cruz reportedly had a Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) shot this week after it was encouraged by teammate Reuben Randle, according to Josina Anderson.
- Former NFL physician David Chao explains that PRP shots are common in the NFL, as they’re used to promote healing and decrease inflammation. Chao adds that they usually take 2-6 weeks to work.
- According to Albert Breer of NFL Media, the feeling around the NFL right now is that Bears GM Ryan Pace and HC John Fox inherited a roster in “complete disrepair thanks to years of shaky drafting, in part due to a resource-draining 2009 trade for quarterback Jay Cutler.“
- Breer spoke to a pair of personnel directors who identified five players with trade value on the roster: TE Martellus Bennett, RB Matt Forte, WR Alshon Jeffery, CB Kyle Fuller and G Kyle Long.
- Breer adds that there’s already buzz from rival teams that the Bears are already positioning themselves to draft a quarterback in April.
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy said he “messed something up” with his hamstring last Thursday after he was starting to feel better. (Mike Rodak)
Tags Alshon Jeffery Andrew Luck John Fox Kyle Fuller LeSean McCoy Martellus Bennett Matt Forte Ryan Pace Victor Cruz