- A number of notable players did not practice on Thursday including: WR Brandon Marshall, DE Jared Allen, C Roberto Garza, and DT Jeremiah Ratliff. (Mike C. Wright)
- RB Doug Martin said Thursday that he is back to being 100 percent. (Roy Cummings)
- WR Vincent Jackson (wrist) said that he’s “ready to go” for Week 4. (Greg Auman)
Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald reports that HC Joe Philbin told players in a team meeting Thursday morning that he regretted the way he handled situation involving the team’s starting quarterback and conceded that it was a distraction.
“Let me just say this: One of the functions of the head coach is to create an atmosphere free from distractions and, to the degree that I contributed to any of those distractions, intended or not, it doesn’t really matter,” Philbin told reporters on Thursday. “That falls on me. It’s my responsibility. Certainly, I accept that responsibility as the head coach. Really that’s all I have to say on that.”
- HC Rex Ryan told reporters that it “doesn’t look real good” for CB Dee Milliner playing in Week 4. (Rich Cimini)
- HC Rex Ryan said he’s hopeful that WR Eric Decker will be able to suit up this weekend. (Rich Cimini)
- TE Joseph Fauria suffered an ankle injury Wednesday night and will miss Thursday’s practice as a result. (Mike Rothstein)