Home / Bears / NFL Notes: Bears, Cowboys, Dolphins, & Redskins
NFL Notes: Bears, Cowboys, Dolphins, & Redskins
- Michael C. Wright isn’t buying the idea that Brandon Marshall is a distraction for the Bears and expects him to remain in Chicago next season.
- According to Wright, everything is on the table for the Bears and their No. 7 overall pick.
- Wright expects Lamarr Houston to be an outside linebacker if the Bears transition to a 3-4 defense.
- As for free agent targets, Wright believes Randall Cobb is a “realistic possibility” for Chicago.
- Wright mentions that Jimmy Clausen could still be re-signed this offseason.
- Todd Archer isn’t expecting the Cowboys to make a hasty decision regarding RB Joseph Randle.
- Archer doesn’t see this situation impacting how they handle DeMarco Murray.
- The Cowboys may have to search for value again in free agency and target guys with something to prove like they did last year. Archer mentions Brian Orakpo as someone who could make sense.
- ESPN’s James Walker writes that he would be “very surprised” if the Dolphins keep LB Dannell Ellerbe and his 8.45 million salary.
- Walker could see the Dolphins approaching CB Cortland Finnegan about a pay cut, and possibly releasing him if he declines.
- John Keim still hasn’t heard anything that would imply CB DeAngelo Hall won’t be back with in Washington next season.
- HC Jay Gruden confirmed that they have no concerns about Hall and are instead prepared to keep him. (Dianna Marie Russini)
Tags Brandon Marshall Brian Orakpo Cortland Finnegan Dannell Ellerbe DeAngelo Hall DeMarco Murray Jimmy Clausen Joseph Randle Lamarr Houston Randall Cobb