- DE Jared Allen was only able to put on five pounds this past week, despite the fact that he dropped 18 pounds a few weeks ago due to pneumonia. (Aditi Kinkhabwhala)
- Rookie WR Odell Beckham Jr./strong> will make his NFL debut against the Falcons today, but the team is expected to be cautious with him. (Ian Rapoport)
La Canfora adds that Brady is seen as a “substantial trade chip” and perhaps the Patriots only such commodity to work with.
New England has shown a tendency to move on from players before they are in full decline, and while you could make the case that Brady is no longer the same player he was just a few years ago, there could be interest from teams around the league who have a better supporting cast to work with.
Any trade talk involving Brady is pure speculative at this point in time and just because the Pats have traded notable players in the past doesn’t mean they will be willing to part with the most important player in the history of their franchise.
- WR Tavon Austin will return from a knee injury and play in Sunday’s game against the Eagles. (Ian Rapoport)
- QB Robert Griffin III is targeting the Oct. 27 game against the Cowboys as his return from a dislocated ankle. (Ian Rapoport)
- Rookie OLB Jadeveon Clowney will miss Sunday’s game and is reportedly targeting Oct. 20 has his return date. (Ian Rapoport)