Home / Bengals / NFL Notes: Bengals, Giants, Jets Texans
NFL Notes: Bengals, Giants, Jets Texans
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that Bengals HC Marvin Lewis was facing a “near mutiny” from the team before he decided to fire offensive coordinator Ken Zampese on Friday and replace him with Bill Lazor.
- According to Florio, Bengals WR A.J. Green, who is normally quiet, publicly sounded off on the team’s offensive issues and a number of other players had plenty of pointed to say privately.
- Jordan Raanan reports that it would not be surprising to see Giants WR Odell Beckham play in Monday night’s game.
- In fact, a source tells Raanan that everything seems to be trending in that direction barring a setback.
- The Giants have officially listed Beckham as questionable for Monday night against the Lions.
- New York ruled out LB Keenan Robinson (concussion) and have OL D.J. Fluker (leg) and LB B.J. Goodson (leg) also listed as questionable.
- Rich Cimini still gets the sense that Jets’ ownership believes in GM Mike Maccagnan and moving on from him after three years would be more of the same from the team.
- Now that the Jets have seemingly missed on QB Christian Hackenberg, Cimini says there are questions about Maccagnan’s scouting acumen both outside and inside of the organization.
- Another issue for Maccagnan could be how Deshaun Watson plays this year, considering that the Jets passed on both him and Patrick Mahomes in this year’s draft.
Tags A.J. Green B.J. Goodson Bill Lazor Christian Hackenberg D.J. Fluker Deshaun Watson Gary Barnidge Keenan Robinson Ken Zampese Marvin Lewis Mike Maccagnan MyCole Pruitt Odell Beckham