Anthony Williams, the father of Bills S Aaron Williams, said his son is leaning toward returning to the team for the 2017 season, despite sustaining another neck injury that led to him being placed on injured reserve.
“He’s leaning toward coming back,” Anthony Williams tells John Wawrow of the Associated Press. “We’ll take it slow and go from there.”
- According to Cameron Wolfe, the Broncos are hiring John Benton as their assistant offensive line coach.
- Bob Kravitz wonders if hiring Mike Shanahan could make sense for the Colts if they’re looking to go in a new direction at head coach.
- Kravitz believes Shanahan wants to come back and does not want total control of a team. Plus, he could attempt to bring his son, Kyle, with him as offensive coordinator. Although, I can’t see why the Falcons would allow Kyle to leave for the same job under his father.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk wonders if Chip Kelly could garner some consideration from the Jaguars as their offensive coordinator following the news that they interviewed him for their head-coaching job.
- Stacey Dales reports that Packers WR Jordy Nelson is resting and recovering from the broken ribs he sustained during last week’s win over the Giants.
- Dales says that there’s “a chance” Nelson could suit up for the NFC Championship game should the Packers beat the Cowboys today.
- However, David Chao says that if Nelson’s goal is to get back to breathing normally, a return next week is likely “iffy.”