Bills HC Rex Ryan said RB LeSean McCoy underwent surgery to repair a dislocated thumb on Sunday night but still has a chance to play in Week 12.
“We’ll see how he progresses through the week,” said Ryan, via Chris Brown of the Bills’ official site. “It would be big for us (to have him play) obviously. I think right now he’s playing as well as any back in the league. That would be nice if he actually is going to play. That would be great for us.”
- Ryan also said that WR Robert Woods (knee) is “probably doubtful” to play in Week 12. (Joe Buscaglia)
- As for WR Sammy Watkins‘ foot injury, Ryan said the team’s medical staff will continue to monitor his status and that they will also see how he progresses throughout the week to determine if he can come off injured reserve. (Mike Rodak)
- According to Jason Cole of B/R, Tony Romo‘s decision to support Dak Prescott as the Cowboys’ starting quarterback could aid the team to comply with a possible trade request from Romo in the offseason.
- Cole mentions that Romo still has three affordable years remaining on his contract and could be an attractive option for playoff contenders like the Broncos or Chiefs.
- Saints HC Sean Payton mentioned that he has hired veteran special teams coach Kevin O’Dea to help the team’s unit moving forward. (Michael Detillier)
- Titans HC Mike Mularkey said the team is discussing possible changes to the defensive backfield when asked about CB Perrish Cox, implying that he could be benched. (Jim Wyatt)