NFL Notes: Bills, Jaguars, Rams & Seahawks
- ESPN’s Josina Anderson reports Bills WR Sammy Watkins (foot) “wants to play” in Thursday night’s game against the Jets. However, Anderson says that it isn’t clear if “the docs are going to let him.”
- Watkins foot injury could end up affecting him all season, so this will be something worth monitoring in the coming weeks.
- Jaguars HC Gus Bradley admitted that it would be tough for RB Chris Ivory, who was just recently released from the hospital with an undisclosed medical issue, to play in Week 3’s game against the Ravens. (Michael DiRocco)
- According to Field Yates, Rams CB Blake Countess is the highest paid practice squad player in the NFL with a salary of $17,500 per week.
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson said his ankle feels good while adding: “I’ll be ready to roll.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- Wilson added he’s surprised how his ankle feels right now: “Yeah. That’s what the doctors & trainers have all been saying. They’re shocked it’s doing this well.” (Curtis Crabtree)
- Wilson said he had his ankle in a boot after he sustained the injury on Sunday. (Curtis Crabtree)
Tags Blake Countess Chris Ivory Gus Bradley Russell Wilson Sammy Watkins