- Jason La Canfora reports that Steelers OL coach Mike Munchak is garnering “strong support” for the Broncos’ head-coaching job.
- While there’s some concern about the kind of staff Munchak could put together, La Canfora mentions that it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Gary Kubiak could be among his assistants.
- After the Broncos made the decision to move on from Vance Joseph, La Canfora says executive VP John Elway is likely to skew toward an established NFL head coach.
- One other name to keep an eye on for Denver, according to La Canfora, is former Colts HC Chuck Pagano.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Rams RB Todd Gurley earned a $1 million escalator in his contract by eclipsing 1,200 rushing yards. This increases his four-year extension value to $58.5 million.
- Jason La Canfora reports that Texans OLB Jadeveon Clowney is headed for the franchise tag this offseason and there is a looming showdown between the NFL and NFLPA over whether he should be considered a defensive end or an outside linebacker.
- Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins tells James Palmer that he suffered a grade three AC joint sprain in his right shoulder in the first half, but was able to play through a lot of pain in the second half.
- Hopkins said the shoulder sprain won’t require offseason surgery. (Aaron Wilson)
- Texans S Tyrann Mathieu made it clear he would like to re-sign with Houston in free agency: “Hopefully, I’ll be here.” (Aaron Wilson)