- Browns HC Hue Jackson said of their plans for the quarterback position: “We’re going to do everything we can to find a quarterback for the Cleveland Browns.” (Conor Orr)
- Jackson added that re-signing free agent WR Terrelle Pryor is “important” and they’re working to make it happen. (Marc Sessler)
- In regards to suspended WR Josh Gordon, Jackson said: “He’s not reinstated yet. Premature to discuss if the team would welcome him back.” (Scott Petrak)
- Jackson mentioned that they plan to be aggressive and smart in free agency. (Scott Petrak)
- According to Mary Kay Cabot, North Carolina QB Mitch Trubisky is “on the Browns’ radar at No. 1 overall.“
- Jets HC Todd Bowles said of possibly signing a veteran quarterback this offseason: “We’re looking into it. I can’t say we will or we won’t. … But we have our eye on a few people.” (Brian Costello)
- Bowles did say that Bryce Petty will get an opportunity to start for them in 2017. (Rich Cimini)
- Bowles non-committal regarding whether WR Brandon Marshall and DL Sheldon Richardson will be on their roster next year. (Rich Cimini)
Redskins HC Jay Gruden mentioned that he’s “not going to blink” if they end up losing both DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon in free agency. Although, Gruden said he’s hoping they’ll both return next year.
“DeSean and Pierre had great years,” Gruden said, via ESPN.com. “Both 1,000 yards each. Those are going to be hard to replace. One thing I have to do is make sure we coach the guys we have. In free agency, you never sign everyone you want as a coach. I’d love to have Alshon Jeffery, Pierre and DeSean. What the heck. Give them all to me. I know that won’t happen.
“I’d love to have both back, I’d love to have one back. If we’re unfortunate to lose them both, I’m not going to blink.”
- According to John Keim, there still hasn’t been any contact between the Redskins and Garcon.
- Redskins president Bruce Allen said that GM Scot McCloughan is “dealing with family matters” and will return to work “just as soon as things are handled.” (Mike Jones)
- Vikings HC Mike Zimmer mentioned that he will have another eye procedure in a couple of weeks before the draft and then cataracts surgery sometime after that. (Matt Vensel)
- According to Zimmer, he hardly has any vision in his one eye right now, but the procedures could restore about 50 percent of his vision. (Matt Vensel)
- Darren Wolfson has heard that Ravens RT Ricky Wagner is on the Vikings radar.