- Veteran G Jamon Meredith and rookie G Kadeem Edwards are the “early favorites” to start for the Buccaneers in the event that Carl Nicks isn’t health. (Greg Auman)
- RBs Doug Martin and rookie Charles Sims appear to be the only “locks” to make the Bucs final roster as of now. This means Bobby Rainey, Mike James, and Jeff Demps could be competing for two roster spots. (Greg Auman)
- DL Terrell McClain is expected to push Nick Hayden for the starting one-technique tackle job in training camp. (Calvin Watkins)
According to Walker, Odrick is hoping for a contract extension with the team, but it appears unlikely that anything will get done this year.
Odrick, 26, is entering the final year of his rookie contract and stands to make just $1.64 million for the 2014 season.
He has appeared in all 16 games for three straight years and has recorded 80 tackles, 15.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and an interception.
- Rich Cimini identifies RB Bilal Powell, WR Jeremy Kerley and DL Kenrick Ellis as three impending free agents that the Jets could look to keep after this season.
- The Jets are hoping that rookie WR Jalen Saunders emerges as the primary punt returner this season. (Rich Cimini)
- John Keim believes Tanard Jackson has a shot at securing a spot on the 53-man roster during training camp. Keim adds that the development of Bacarri Rambo and Akeem Davis will likely impact the situation, as well as Jackson’s ability to get back into game shape.