- Buccaneers LB Lavonte David says his contract negotiations are not a concern for him.
- Roy Cummings mentions that the Buccaneers plan to begin extension talks with David as soon as the draft is over.
- Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said that running back isn’t an urgent need for them: “We don’t have that as a must.”(Around the NFL)
- Jones said that they’re “highly unlikely” to trade draft picks for a player at this point in the year. (Brandon George)
- James Walker of ESPN writes that it’s time to “officially pull the plug on the Dion Jordan experiment in Miami.”
Texans GM Rick Smith told reporters on Tuesday that he’s “encouraged and impressed” with former No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney‘s progress from knee surgery.
“I’ve been encouraged and impressed. He’s doing well. We expect him to be a major contributor this year.” – Smith said.
- Vikings GM Rick Spielman: “I’m looking forward to us moving out of that pick if at all possible.” (Chris Tomasson)
- Spielman added that they probably won’t trade up in draft, but they could move down and collect extra picks. (Chris Tomasson)
- The Vikings willingness to move back stems from them viewing the No. 8 – 20 players as similar. (Chris Tomasson)