Home / 49ers / NFL Notes: Colin Kaepernick, Adrian Peterson, Draft, Oakland
NFL Notes: Colin Kaepernick, Adrian Peterson, Draft, Oakland
- A source tells Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk that free agent QB Colin Kaepernick has “very high regard” for Seahawks HC Pete Carroll.
- Florio wonders if the Seahawks could be an option for Kaepernick now that backup QB Trevone Boykin has been arrested.
- According to Joe Banner, multiple teams have and are considering Kaepernick, despite the lack of reported interest in the free agent quarterback.
- Joel Corry writes that Adrian Peterson likely priced himself out of the market initially with his asking price.
- Based on the contracts signed by older running backs and the cap increases, Corry believes Peterson should be in the $5.5 million-per-year neighborhood.
- Previous reports have said that Peterson was asking for as much as $8 million per year, but he recently denied this and said he’s fine with waiting for the right opportunity to surface.
- Corry adds that if a team doesn’t address their running backs needs in the draft, Peterson figures to be a target for worth watching.
- Aaron Wilson reports that Western Michigan DE/OLB Keion Adams is scheduled to visit with the Chargers and Colts next month. Wilson adds that Adams met with the Cardinals, Falcons, Ravens, Bengals, Lions, Browns, Jets, and 49ers at his Pro Day
- On Monday, NFL owners officially approved the relocation of the Raiders to Las Vegas by a vote of 31-1.
- The only team vote against the move was Dolphins owner Stephen Ross. Ian Rapoport reports that Ross believes this move isn’t the best thing for fans and the NFL as a whole. Rapoport adds that Ross has agreed to spend $500 million in private to renovate a stadium and keep the Dolphins in Miami for the next 30 years.
- Tim Kawakami reports that the city of Oakland will be discussed as a new “open” market for a possible relocation moving forward.
Tags Adrian Peterson Colin Kaepernick Keion Adams Pete Carroll Stephen Ross Trevone Boykin