Home / Colts / NFL Notes: Colts, Jaguars, & Lions
NFL Notes: Colts, Jaguars, & Lions
- Mike Wells of ESPN doesn’t rule out potential roster additions between now and the start of the season.
- However, Wells says that the Colts would like to focus on developing their younger players, rather than bring in veterans to fill gaps on their roster.
- According to Michael DiRocco of ESPN, Rashad Greene and Marqise Lee are the top-two candidates to open as the Jaguars No. 3 receiver. DiRocco presumes Lee would likely win the job if he can stay healthy.
- While the Jaguars plan to move former first-rounder Dante Fowler Jr. around this year, he is not expected to play the “lotto” role in their defense.
- Instead, DiRocco says that Dan Skuta and Ryan Davis are in contention for the “lotto” position.
- Michael Rothstein mentions that there’s still no update regarding veteran LB Stephen Tulloch and his status with the Lions moving forward.
- Tulloch was not in attendance for OTAs this week, but it appears as though the Lions are in no rush to move on from him, despite the fact that they previously informed him that he wasn’t going to be part off their plans this season.
- Rothstein still expects the Lions to cut him loose at some point, but admits there’s no indication of when this will be.
- Rothstein doesn’t think the Lions would be a fit for veteran CB Brandon Boykin, due to the presence of Quandre Diggs and Alex Carter.
- One position Rothstein could see Detroit addressing is tight end, and he specifically mentions Owen Daniels as a player to keep an eye on.
- According to Rothstein, Ameer Abdullah and Theo Riddick are the two locks to make the 53-man roster at running back this year. That leaves one, or possibly two, roster spots for Stevan Ridley, Zach Zenner, George Winn and rookie Dwayne Washington.
Tags alex carter Ameer Abdullah Brandon Boykin Dan Skuta Dante Fowler Jr Dwayne Washington George Winn Marqise Lee Quandre Diggs Rashad Greene Ryan Davis Stephen Tulloch Stevan Ridley Theo Riddick Zach Zenner