Home / Colts / NFL Notes: Colts, Lions, Saints & Drew Brees
NFL Notes: Colts, Lions, Saints & Drew Brees
- Tim Twentyman confirmed that RB Ameer Abdullah will be fully recovered from shoulder surgery he had this offseason in time for the start of training camp.
- According to Dave Birkett, Lions TE Brandon Pettigrew, who was placed on the team’s PUP list on Sunday, is expected to return from his ACL injury “somewhere around” the middle of Aug.
- Birkett also mentions that the Lions will workout a wide receiver this week, since WR Corey Fuller‘s (foot) status remains uncertain.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk writes that it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that there hasn’t been any contract talks between the Saints and QB Drew Brees for some time now.
- Brees has said that the deadline for a deal is the start of the regular season, and it just so happens that progress is rarely made well in advance of a deadline in the NFL.
- Once we’re closer to Week 1, Florio expects there to be a sense of urgency between the two parties. Florio points out that Brees will have plenty of leverage in contract talks, considering that he carries a cap figure of $30 million and franchising him in 2017 would be extremely difficult, considering that it would run New Orleans $43.2 million.
Tags Alan Cross Ameer Abdullah Brandon Pettigrew Clayton Geathers Corey Fuller Drew Brees Kivon Cartwright Nate Irving patrick robinson Sio Moore Tevin Westbrook