NFL Notes: Cowboys, Rams, Redskins & Vikings
- Executive Stephen Jones said the Cowboys will continue to negotiate a restructured contract with CB Brandon Carr on through training camp, though he said the team is “comfortable” with his cap number, per Drew Davison.
- Nick Wagoner of ESPN could see the Rams attempting to trade QB Case Keenum or QB Austin Davis for a low-round draft choice.
- Wagoner believes the Rams would ideally have second-year CB Lamarcus Joyner lockdown the nickelback spot, though E.J. Gaines could take the nickel if Trumaine Johnson wins the outside role.
- The coaching staff would “like” to have Rodger Saffold continue playing left guard, with third-round rookie Jamon Brown handling right guard duties.
- Wagoner would not be surprised to see second-year DL Aaron Donald used in a variety of ways, including off the edge and on the interior.
- John Keim of ESPN expects the Redskins offense to lean on the run-game instead of passing.
- Keim writes that the Redskins have no interest in free agent TE Chris Cooley.
- Keim believes WR Andre Roberts will “initially” see playing time in the No. 3 role, but that the staff likes second-year WR Ryan Grant and views him as a “solid” third receiver.
- HC Mike Zimmer said that DE Brian Robison will be recovered from a pectoral injury he sustained in May in time for training camp, via Tom Pelissero.
- CB Jabari Price appealed his two game suspension for violating the leagues substance abuse policy, but was denied. (Matt Vensel)
- LB Anthony Barr says he’s “just about” completely recovered from a knee injury, but may work in slowly during camp. (Tom Pelissero)
Tags Aaron Donald Andre Roberts Anthony Barr Austin Davis Brandon Carr Brian Robison Case Keenum Chris Cooley E.J. Gaines Jamon Brown Lamarcus Joyner Mike Zimmer Rodger Saffold Ryan Grant Stephen Jones Trumaine Johnson