Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that NFL Executive VP of Football Operations Troy Vincent has formally requested to meet with Patriots equipment staffer John Jastremski and locker room attendant Jim McNally before they’re reinstated by the franchise.
They’re both facing discipline for their role in the apparent deflation of footballs, according to Rapoport.
New England has already made a written request for their reinstatement this past week, and the NFL announced that they’re currently reviewing the request.
Both of them would need to be reinstated by Vincent, which includes a face-to-face meeting with him.
- Ian Rapoport reports that Browns WR Dwayne Bowe (hamstring) will be inactive for the team’s season opener.
- Field Yates reports that Colts OLB Robert Mathis triggered a roster bonus of $1 million by being on the team’s roster as of today.
- Despite a report from earlier in the day that contract talks between the Jets and DL Muhammad Wilkerson are unlikely to continue after the team has played their first game, Manish Mehta reports that there is no hard Sunday deadline and never has been.
- Adam Schefter reports that there’s “not a lot of optimism” regarding RB Tre Mason‘s (hamstring) availability for Week 1 against the Seahawks.
- Field Yates reports that Rams WR Kenny Britt triggered a roster bonus of $500,000 by being on the team’s roster as of today.