Ian Rapoport reports that it’s still “too early” for the Raiders to fire HC Dennis Allen barring a “Tampa Bay Buccaneers-type meltdown.”
Raiders owner Mark Davis was patient with Allen during the offseason and even allowed him to bring back his entire staff, so the expectation is that he will give Allen another opportunity to right the ship.
- WRs Brandon Marshall (ankle) and Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) both are expected to play against the Jets on Monday. (Michael C. Wright)
- C Roberto Garza (ankle), G Matt Slauson (ankle), CB Sherrick McManis (quadriceps), DT Jeremiah Ratliff (concussion) and LB Shea McClellin have all been ruled out. (Michael C. Wright)
- WR Wes Welker had no setbacks this week and will be active for Sunday’s game. However, there is some question as to how many snaps he’ll receive. (Jason La Canfora)
- QB Shaun Hill will test his injured quad during pregame, but QB Austin Davis expected to start against the Cowboys. (Adam Schefter)
- A team sources tells Aditi Kinkhabwala that there is a 95% chance Ravens RB Bernard Pierce doesn’t play today.
- WR DeSean Jackson wants to play against his former team, but he will test his injured shoulder before the game. (Adam Schefter)
- Chris Russell of ESPN 980 reports the Redskins are “planning on having” WR DeSean Jackson active for Week 3.