- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that the Dolphins believe WR DeVante Parker sustained a sprained ankle during Sunday’s game.
- According to Gary Myers and Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News, Giants QB Eli Manning underwent an X-ray on his neck after Sunday’s loss to the Chargers.
- Manning took a knee in the head by LT Ereck Flowers but the X-ray reportedly came back clean for Manning.
- Adam Schefter reports that Giants WR Brandon Marshall has a sprained ankle.
- Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Raiders RB Marshawn Lynch was “embarrassed” by his recent play and requested a private meeting with offensive line coach Mike Tice.
- Rapoport adds that Lynch was given some “homework” to study and responded with an impressive week of practice.
- Joel Corry points out that Costly the injury sustained by Seahawks RB Chris Carson will prove to be costly for him, considering that he has a split salary as part of his contract.
- Corry mentions that Carson’s salary is now based off $348,000 while on injured reserve instead of the $465,000 he schedule to make.
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger offered an interesting comment after Sunday’s loss to the Jaguars in which he threw five interceptions.
“Maybe I don’t have it anymore,” Roethlisberger said, per Aditi Kinkhabwala.
When asked what he meant by that comment, Roethlisberger said: “I’m not playing well enough.”
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk points out that Roethlisberger retires after the 2017 season, he would owe the Steelers $12.4 million of the $31 million signing bonus he received as part of his five-year deal.
- Should he return for the 2018 season, he’d owe Pittsburgh $6.2 million.
- Although, the Steelers could elect to not pursue this money, it’s enough where you would think they would try to recoup the money.