Home / Broncos / NFL Notes: Draft, Broncos, Browns, Chiefs
NFL Notes: Draft, Broncos, Browns, Chiefs
- NFL scouts have told Tony Pauline that they’ve “cooled” on Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer due to a “combination of poor progression and questionable film from 2016 as well as character questions has raised red flags.”
- Pauline’s sources have said that Texas Tech’s Patrick Mahomes is the most intriguing quarterback prospect right now, due to his arm strength, general accuracy and upside. Pauline adds that many believe he could end up being a second-round pick if he throws and interviews well at the Combine.
- Alabama OLB Tim Williams is being underrated by most people, according to sources who spoke to Pauline. Scouts have told him that Williams could end up developing into one of the best defensive players this year’s draft class.
- LSU LB Duke Riley met with the Jets at the Senior Bowl. (Chase Goodbread)
- USC G Damien Mama and SDSU RB Donnel Pumphrey spoke to the Eagles at the Senior Bowl. (Chase Goodbread)
- Tennessee State OG Jessamen Dunker met with the Buccaneers at the Senior Bowl. (Chase Goodbread)
- UConn S Obi Melifonwu spoke to the Ravens at the Senior Bowl. (Chase Goodbread)
- Former NFL executive Joe Banner believes Jamie Collins‘ agent “has absolutely no idea where market is going and value of hitting market” after the news that they agreed to a four-year, $50 million contract today.
- Banner says that this would be a great deal if Collins was just an inside linebacker but other teams view him as an edge-rusher, which make more money than inside linebackers.
- Sources have reached out to Banner really surprised that Collins’ new deal is not a lot larger.
- Dane Brugler spoke to an NFL scout at the Senior Bowl who told him: “If Myles Garrett isn’t a Cleveland Brown, I’ll be floored. Can’t overthink it.”
- Alex Marvez reports that former Eagles WR coach Greg Lewis will join the Chiefs’ coaching staff at the Pro Bowl in Orlando this week, but he doesn’t say if this will be a permanent position for lewis.
- Terez A. Paylor also reports that Greg Lewis is the leading candidate to replace David Culley as the Chiefs’ WRs coach.
Tags Damien Mama David Culley DeShone Kizer Donnel Pumphrey Duke Riley Greg Lewis Jamie Collins Jessamen Dunker Obi Melifonwu Patrick Mahomes Tim Williams Trevor Siemian