Home / Chiefs / NFL Notes: Eric Berry, Jets, Rams & Saints
NFL Notes: Eric Berry, Jets, Rams & Saints
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Chiefs franchise S Eric Berry is expected to miss most, if not all, of preseason.
- However, Schefter adds that Berry is still expected back before for the season opener.
- Even with the news that the Jets have re-signed Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ian Rapoport reports that Geno Smith is intent on building on his solid offseason and fighting for the Jets’ starting job this summer.
- Jason Cole believes either Smith or Bryce Petty will be waived later this summer, unless the Jets are able to sign Petty to their practice squad.
- According to Field Yates, former Rams QB Nick Foles’ agreed to reduce his salary to $1 million from $1.75 million.
- The Rams will pick up a $1 million cap credit in 2017 once Foles signs with another team.
- Ian Rapoport suggests an option for the Steelers and WR Antonio Brown, who is looking for a new contract.
- Rapoport’s idea would be to offer Brown a Marshawn Lynch-style deal with money being moved from up his 2017 salary to 2016.
Tags Antonio Brown Bryce Petty Eric Berry Geno Smith Nick Foles Ryan Fitzpatrick