- Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo are reporting that UCLA CB Fabian Moreau underwent successful surgery to repair a torn pectoral muscle.
- According to Rapoport, Moreau’s surgery went as planned and he will make full recovery and be ready to play at full strength by the start of training camp.
An NFC scout tells Matt Miller of B/R that if his job was on the line, he would feel much better about drafting Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon than FSU RB Dalvin Cook.
“The pattern of bad decisions are alarming, really. With my job on the line, I trust [Joe] Mixon a lot more than Dalvin Cook.”
Cook is coming off of a disappointing Combine performance and has had a number of off-the-field issues in the past few years to go along with some injuries.
- According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, Bears OLB Pernell McPhee underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder after the season.
- Biggs adds that McPhee is “absolutely” in the mix for the 2017 season and he expects him to be ready for the start of training camp. Plus, doesn’t think the Bears have added anyone who would affect McPhee’s standing on their roster.
- Biggs also reports that the Bears are expected to conduct a private workout with Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer that will likely take place late next week.
- Eric Williams of ESPN reports that the Chargers held a private workout with Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes.
- ESPN’s Adam Caplan reports that the Chargers also had a private workout with Tennessee QB Joshua Dobbs.