- Falcons HC Dan Quinn said he’s looking forward to the opportunity to work with WR Julio Jones.
“The things I’ve heard about him, just in terms of the leader he’s become on and off the field, can’t wait to connect with him,” Quinn said, via Vaughn McClure of ESPN. “For me, just to have the chance to start the process with him, I can’t wait. … We love great players, and we want to celebrate all the good guys that we have. We’re trying to collect more great players, not the other way around.“
- Shortly after the season, Giants chairman John Mara said that they would like to re-sign free agent S Antrel Rolle “at the right price.“
“We would like to have [Rolle] back, but again, at the right price,” Mara said, via Jordan Raanan of NJ.com. “I could say that about anybody. We would like them all back at the right price. What that is, depends on the circumstances.”
- Nick Wagoner of ESPN takes a look at four potential cap casualties for the Rams including: QB Sam Bradford, OT Jake Long, C Scott Wells, and DL Kendall Langford.
- Jamison Hensley mentions that the Ravens could keep an eye on release candidates this offseason such as: Buccaneers WR Vincent Jackson, 49ers TE Vernon Davis, Jets RB Chris Johnson, Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams, Raiders S Tyvon Branch, and Eagles CB Cary Williams.
- According to Hensley, OLB Pernell McPhee is the most likely free agent to be playing elsewhere next season.
- Hensley doesn’t see the Ravens overpaying to keep either WR Torrey Smith, RB Justin Forsett, or TE Owen Daniels.
However, there’s no guarantee he’ll be back next year.
“You never know with him,” the source said.