Home / Falcons / NFL Notes: Falcons, Jets, Lions, Raiders & Rams
NFL Notes: Falcons, Jets, Lions, Raiders & Rams
- According to Adam Caplan, Falcons CB Robert Alford‘s four-year, $38 million extension includes $12 million fully guaranteed at signing and another $9 million becomes guaranteed on February 10.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles said RB Matt Forte underwent an MRI on Monday and is “day-to-day” after hyperextending his right knee during Week 14. (Rich Cimini)
- Although Bowles said Forte experienced swelling as well as “cracking and popping” in his knee, he is confident that there is no ligament damage.
- Michael Rothstein of ESPN could see the following contract-year players for the Lions test free agency: WR Andre Roberts, RT Riley Reiff, RG Larry Warford, DE Armonty Bryant and LB Josh Bynes.
- Rothstein mentions that while Reiff and Warford have played well for Detroit, they could both command sizeable contracts on the open market.
- The question for Reiff remaining on the roster is whether he’s willing to continue playing at right tackle or look for an opportunity to move back to left tackle.
- As for Warford, it depends on how the staff feels he compares to Laken Tomlinson, Joe Dahl, or someone not currently on the roster.
- While the Raiders have yet to hear anything about suspended DE Aldon Smith being reinstated, they are “hopeful” to have an answer within the next couple of days. (Paul Gutierrez)
- When asked about GM Les Snead’s future with the team, Rans COO Kevin Demoff said the team is undergoing a full review: “Starting today we’ll have a complete review of the entire organization. We’ll analyze that department.” (Ian Rapoport)
- Demoff mentioned that they will be open in regards to their coaching search and will not limit their criteria to interviewing just offensive, defensive, or special teams coaches. (Myles Simmons)
- Regarding former HC Jeff Fisher, Demoff said the decision to fire him was performance based and took into account the team’s disappointing Week 14 showing: “Solely a performance issue. We wanted to make sure games like yesterday didn’t happen again.” (Ian Rapoport)
- Demoff didn’t pure everything on Fisher, saying: “This is an organizational failure. … We all have to take a look in the mirror,” (Myles Simmons)
Tags Aldon Smith Andre Roberts Armonty Bryant Jeff Fisher Joe Dahl Josh Bynes Kevin Demoff Laken Tomlinson Larry Warford Les Snead Matt Forte Riley Reiff Robert Alford Todd Bowles