Giants owner John Mara told the New York Post earlier in the week that he was “very unhappy” with Beckham’s recent behavior.
“I do not want to get into a discussion about this,” Mara said in an email, “but I will say that I am very unhappy with Odell’s behavior on Sunday and we intend to deal with it internally.”
- According to Rich Cimini, Jets DL Muhammad Wilkerson violated team protocol this week by revealing the exact nature of his shoulder injury, which happens to be a Grade 1 AC joint sprain.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles wasn’t happy about Wilkerson divulging this information to reporters.
- Wilkerson is off to another slow start this year, so it’s possible that he brought up this injury as a way explain his play up to this point.
- Cimini says that there’s “no way” Wilkerson will see the $16.75 million that would be guaranteed if he’s on the Jets’ roster as of the third day of the 2018 league year, barring an epic turnaround.
- A potential trade candidate for the Jets, according to Cimini, could be backup OT Ben Ijalana.
- Sources close to Patriots WR Julian Edelman tells Mike Reiss of ESPN that the receiver underwent surgery within the past week to repair his torn right ACL.
- This comes four weeks after he suffered the injury during a preseason game against the Lions. According to Reiss, Edelman is said to be in good spirits, and the general feeling was that everything went as planned.
- The Patriots tend to be among the busiest teams when it comes to working out available free agents and Reiss reports that the team actually worked out nearly 50 free agents during the month of September. Most of the workouts are to update the team’s emergency lists of available players.