Home / Cowboys / NFL Notes: Greg Hardy, Packers, Panthers, & Redskins
NFL Notes: Greg Hardy, Packers, Panthers, & Redskins
- ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports that Cowboys DE Greg Hardy is still considering appealing his suspension, which was reduced from 10 to 4 games on Friday.
- Schefter expects a decision from Hardy’s camp at some point early next week.
- Hardy’s next move is deciding whether to file suit against NFL in federal court to have 4-game suspension further reduced, according to Schefter.
- According to Rob Demovksy of ESPN, the Packers don’t appear to be concerned about TE Andrew Quarless, despite his recent arrest for shooting a guy in public.
- Quarless is reportedly trying to convince the Packers, the NFL and Miami Beach police that this wasn’t an act of violence but rather drunken stupidity.
- Demovsky mentions that the Packers were already planning for second-year TE Richard Rodgers to have a “significant role” in their passing game.
- Demovsky says that P Tim Masthay, who is competing for a job with Cody Mandell, has resembled his previous form for the most part in offseason workouts.
- Demovsky believes the odds are good that the Packers will keep more than seven offensive linemen on their 53-man roster, as they’re high on rookie free agent G Matt Rotheram.
- John Keim of ESPN doesn’t expect the Redskins to upgrade their roster much between now and training camp.
- However, the would like to add some help at tight end and outside linebacker at some point.
Tags Amini Silatolu Andrew Norwell Andrew Quarless Brenton Bersin Cam Newton Cody Mandell Corey Brown Daryl Williams Devin Funchess Frank Alexander Greg Hardy Jarrett Boykin Jerricho Cotchery Kelvin Benjamin Kony Ealy Mario Addison Matt Rotheram Mike Remmers Richard Rodgers Stephen Hill Ted Ginn Jr Tim Masthay Wes Horton