Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports reports that Cowboys DE Greg Hardy was “despondent” after photos surfaced of the injuries sustained by his former girlfriend during a domestic violence incident a while back.
“According to sources the Cowboys were concerned when they were told on Friday that Hardy was despondent after those photos were posted,” reported Garafolo.
According to Garafolo, Hardy told Haley that even though the team is behind him, he’s not “getting support from close friends right now.
- Jason La Canfora reports that 49ers RB Reggie Bush has hired an attorney and intends to file a lawsuit against the Edward Jones Dome (St. Louis) after he suffered a season-ending knee injury while slipping on exposed concrete last week.
- James Kratch of NJ.com writes that LB Jon Beason (injured reserve) has likely played his final snap for the Giants.
- Kratch reports that the Giants can save $5.1 million in cap space next year by releasing him.
- Adam Caplan points out that RB Toby Gerhart has a $500,000 roster bonus due on March 13.
- With this in mind, Caplan mentions that it’s safe to say the Jaguars’ won’t be paying him this bonus based on their current situation.
- Joel Corry of CBS Sports expects the Steelers to take a “wait and see” approach during the offseason in regards to a contract extension for RB Le’Veon Bell because of his knee injury.
- Jason La Canfora agrees with Corry suggestion, but adds that Pittsburgh still feels “very good” him.
- According to La Canfora, WR Antonio Bryant is looking for more money next year.