Jason Fitzgerald posted the top-eight teams in terms of total money on injured reserve and the physically-unable-to-perform list as of Sunday.
- Bears – $60M
- Chargers – $42.6M
- Jets – $39.2M
- Jaguars – $35.6M
- Texans – $31.3M
- Chiefs – $30.6M
- Dolphins – $27.6M
- Cardinals – $25.2M
- Pro Football Talk reports that Giants CB Janoris Jenkins is undergoing a battery of tests to rule out any possible damage to his organs.
- PFT says that while Jenkins left Sunday’s game with what was referred to as a back injury, he doesn’t have an injury to his spine and the team is just trying to rule out any organ damage.
- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that Lions CB Darius Slay will have an MRI on Monday to determine the extent of his hamstring injury.
- Mike Florio of PFT reports that the Rams will consider all opportunities to improve the team, including the possibility of attempting to acquire their next head coach via a trade.
- Earlier in the day, Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reported that NFL coaches, including some coaching working for other teams, are expected to have a great deal of interest in the Rams’ position.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien would commit to keeping Tom Savage in place as their starting quarterback for Week 16, despite the fact that he helped pull out a win over the Jaguars on Sunday.
- Aaron Wilson mentions that it’s obvious the team will be making a quarterback change next week.