- Tom Pelissero of USA Today reports that free agent DE Jared Odrick has filed a grievance against the Jaguars after they claimed he voided the $5.5 million in guaranteed money remaining on his contract by refusing checkups during his rehab.
According to Pelissero, the issue of the Jaguars forcing players to all of their rehab at their team facility has been resolved.
- Vincent Bonsignore reports that the Raiders disclosed to NFL owners on Monday that they’ve found a financing source to replace Sheldon Adelson as part of the Las Vegas stadium deal.
- The source of the new funding is Bank of America, per Bonsignore.
- Bonsignore adds that the city of Oakland updated the NFL on a potential Raiders stadium plan, but the same long-standing concerns remain.
“I have a little bit of breaking news here,” Dukes said, via CBS Washington. “I don’t know if we need the sounder. I just heard from somebody that I believe and trust… that Pierre Garcon, during the course of the regular season, requested a trade as he was playing for the Washington Redskins.”
“And people are sitting here and hypothesizing about why the Redskins haven’t called him, why it wouldn’t be a no-brainer,” he said. “Well, if it was bad enough that he requested a trade in the middle of the season?”
Garcon’s agent, Brad Cicala, confirmed the news to John Keim.
“Once it didn’t happen we respected it. We respect their interest and we were definitely interested in returning,” Cicala said.
- Aaron Wilson reports that there’s “mutual interest” between the Texans and free agent TE Ryan Griffin. However, no deal is considered imminent at this point in time.
- The expectation as of now is that this will require some time for Griffin to gauge his market value.
- Chris Tomasson reports that Vikings exclusive rights free agent C Zac Kerin will sign his one-year tender worth $615,000.