- Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that the $1.5 million guarantee in DE Jason Pierre-Paul‘s new contract applies to skill and injury only.
- Pierre-Paul can earn a maximum of $9.76 million through playtime and sack incentives. His contract carries a base salary of $2.5 million, while he stands to make an extra $864,000 if he totals 7.5 sacks over the remainder of the season.
- Florio notes that that with Pierre-Paul signing a one-year contract, the Giants will be eligible to use the franchise tag on him for 2016.
- Florio adds that the Giants are unlikely to make a commitment to Pierre-Paul, unless he remains dominant following his fireworks incident. In the end, the Giants could end up keeping him on a “low-value deal“.
- Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict said he is not completely recovered from microfracture knee surgery he had during the offseason, but his mindset is to play “right away” for the Bengals. (Coley Harvey)
- DC Paul Guenther said Burfict will not play until he is 100 percent. (Coley Harvey)
- Giants LB Jon Beason said he plans to play in Week 8, despite dealing with lingering ankle/knee injuries that kept him out of practice twice this week. (Jordan Raanan)
- Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that S Calvin Pryor‘s ankle injury is a ligament strain.
- Texans HC Bill O’Brien said that RG Brandon Brooks (toe) is a game-time decision for Week 8. (Aaron Wilson)