NFL Notes: Joe Mixon, Bears, Broncos, Browns, Dolphins
- Matt Miller of B/R is told that Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon‘s recent meeting with the Vikings went “very well.”
- According to Miller, Mixon also has a scheduled meeting with the Raiders.
- Jason Cole of B/R reports that negotiations between the Bears and CB Stephon Gilmore are “not going that well” and the team is in contact with agents regarding other free agent cornerbacks.
- Mike Klis of 9News takes a look at 10 free agents that the Broncos could pursue in the coming day, including QB Tony Romo, DE Calais Campbell, G T.J. Lang, DE Chris Baker, G Kevin Zeitler, G Larry Warford, G Ronald Leary, LT Andrew Whitworth, RT Menelik Watson, and LT Russell Okung.
- According to Mike Garafolo, Browns veteran players are trying to recruit free agents to the team, saying that Cleveland plans to quickly “turn things around” in 2017.
- According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, the Dolphins are expected to meet with Steelers free agent LB Lawrence Timmons and have begun expressing “some level of interest” in several veteran free agents.
- Jackson confirms that there is mutual interest between Timmons and the Dolphins, while they have already had discussions this week.
- According to Jackson, there is a “real possibility” that S Isa Abdul-Quddus (neck) will not be able to play in 2017 and that Miami has told people that safety is one of their priorities this offseason.
- Jackson notes that the Dolphins have already expressed interest in Cowboys free agent S J.J. Wilcox, Patriots free agent S Duron Harmon, and other safeties.
- As for the defensive end position, Jackson expects the Dolphins to sign at least two more defensive ends to pair with DE Andre Branch, with at least one of those potential players being a prospect from the 2017 NFL Draft.
- Jackson notes that Miami has had “preliminary” discussions about Cardinals free agent DE/OLB Alex Okafor. The team is also “determined” to sign a defensive tackle and has shown some interest in Cowboys free agent DT Terrell McClain.
- According to Jackson, the team would like to find two “reasonably priced” guards and have not yet ruled out re-signing G Jermon Bushrod.
Tags Alex Okafor Andre Branch Andrew Whitworth Calais Campbell Chris Baker Jermon Bushrod Joe Mixon Kevin Zeitler Larry Warford Lawrence Timmons Menelik Watson Ronald Leary Russell Okung Stephon Gilmore T.J. Lang Terrell McClain Tony Romo