- Ian Rapoport confirms that signing free agent RB LeGarrette Blount to a contract between now and July 22 would impact a team’s 2018 compensatory formula.
- According to Rapoport, had the Patriots not tendered Blount, he likely would have signed by now, as there were “at least” two teams poised to sign him.
- This will likely have an impact on his market and may actually increase the odds of him re-signing with the Patriots this summer.
- Field Yates mentions that the door “would seemingly still be open” for Blount to return to the Patriots as their power running back.
- The Patriots elected to use a May 9 tender on Blount. (NFLTR)
- Jordan Raanan expects the Giants to sign most of their draft picks to contracts on Thursday ahead of their rookie minicamp.
- According to Raanan, the parameters of the rookie contracts have already been laid out.
- Ian Rapoport reports that despite some talk that Lions DE Ziggy Ansah maybe 29 years old, NFL teams are convinced he’s 27 and was born on May 29, 1989.
- Rapoport says that NFL teams viewed Ansah’s passport during the 2013 draft.
The Seattle Seahawks issued a statement (via Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times) regarding DE Frank Clark, who tweeted that Bleacher Report writer, Natalie Weiner, that she has a job cleaning his fish tank after her career is over.
“We met with Frank this morning and expressed our extreme disappointment with his judgment.”
Clark has since issued an apology of his own:
— Frank Clark (@TheRealFrankC_) May 10, 2017