Jason La Canfora mentioned during an interview with 94 WIP on Thursday that the Steelers are monitoring the Eagles’ situation and “hoping that Howie Roseman calls back” regarding a potential trade for RB Le’Veon Bell.
“I’m not gonna say that guys were sleeping with their phone on their chest praying they got a call from Howie late Sunday night, but they’re hoping that Howie calls back,” La Canfora said. “They’re certainly analyzing the situation, they’ll be watching the game tonight and waiting to see what happens this weekend. Because obviously this is a natural time for the Eagles to panic.”
Bill Barnwell of ESPN offers up 11 trades that he believes would make sense for teams to consider before this year’s trade deadline including:
- Dolphins trade WR DeVante Parker to Cowboys for 2019 sixth-round pick
- Bills trade RB LeSean McCoy to Eagles for G Stefen Wisniewski and 2019 sixth-round pick
- Steelers trade RB Le’Veon Bell to the Redskins for 2019 third-round pick
- Lions trade WR Golden Tate to the Titans for WR Tajae Sharpe and 2019 fourth-round pick
- Browns trade QB Tyrod Taylor to the Jaguars for a 2019 conditional seventh-round pick
- Cardinals trade LB Deone Bucannon to the Jets for 2019 seventh-round pick
- Browns trade LB Jamie Collins to the Patriots for 2019 seventh-round pick
- Raiders trade S Karl Joseph to the Falcons for 2019 sixth-round pick
- Saints trade LB Craig Robertson to the Steelers for CB Coty Sensabaugh
- Bears trade CB Marcus Cooper to the Chiefs for 2019 seventh-round pick
- Colts trade K Adam Vinatieri and a 2019 sixth-round pick to the Chargers for K Caleb Sturgis and 2019 fourth-round pick
- Albert Breer confirms that the Eagles have contacted the Steelers about RB Le’Veon Bell but adds that a trade for Bell may never have been a real thing.
- Breer doesn’t think the Eagles banging down the Bills’ door to get LeSean McCoy either, even though they did contract Buffalo about the running back.
- Sources have told Breer that the Eagles don’t view running back as their first or second biggest concern right now. Instead, the Eagles’ top concern is at offensive followed by cornerback.