An NFL source tells Vincent Bonsignore of the L.A. owners meeting: “Sense is there was a lot of pressure from moderates to put Rams and Chargers in room together.”
According to Bonsignore, there appears to be more division among owners regarding whether to back Stan Kroenke’s Inglewood dreams or the Carson plan that involves the Chargers and Raiders.
“I think it’s pretty clear there is a stalemate,” a high ranking NFL official said.
It sounds like owners could put it to a vote in January, but one party will need 24 votes for it to pass.
“There was always going to be a vote,” another high-ranking league official told Bonsignore. “The issue is whether it’s a contest or a coronation.”
- Bills HC Rex Ryan said that WR Sammy Watkins is “getting close” to returning from his calf injury, but added that he’s still uncertain for Sunday’s game against the Titans. (Mike Rodak)
- Regarding WR Dwayne Bowe, Pettine said he has got to be out there working and showing us he’s perfecting his craft. Pettine added that Bowe fell behind because of an injury. (Nate Ulrich)
- According to Pettine, it’s still a little early to tell if RB Robert Turbin (ankle) can play against the Ravens in Week 5, as he came into today a little sore. (Nate Ulrich)
- Giants WR Victor Cruz said there is “no timetable” for his return and referred to himself as “just day to day.” (Ralph Vacchiano)
- However, Cruz did not close the door on him returning for their Monday night game against the Eagles on October 19. (Ralph Vacchiano)
- Mike Jones reports that an MRI on Redskins CB Chris Culliver‘s injured left knee showed no structural damage.