- According to Albert Breer, it’s his understanding that while the Raiders like Marshawn Lynch during their recent meeting and were impressed with the kind of shape he’s in, they communicated to him that they’re willing to walk away from a potential deal.
- Even so, Breer adds that he’s gotten the sense that talks between the two parties have remained positive.
Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes mentioned that he believes Texans HC Bill O’Brien “really” likes him.
“I feel like a lot of coaches like me, but especially coach O’Brien. I think my personality and how real I am, those are things beyond what I can do on the field that he likes,” Mahomes said, via NFL.com. “It seemed like the way I was answering questions, I think he knew that I knew what was going on. You can tell when coaches have a confidence in you.”
- Mahomes’ recent visit with the Texans went “extremely well” from Houston’s perspective. (Aaron Wilson)
- Albert Breer bets that Mitch Trubisky, Deshaun Watson, and Pat Mahomes are the three quarterbacks to be selected in the first round. Breer says that there’s more of a consensus that Watson can play in the NFL, but also fewer teams that have fallen for him than with Trubisky and Mahomes.
- Breer expects quarterbacks to begin coming off of the board before the Bills at No. 10 overall.
- The Raiders hosted N.C. State S Josh Jones for a last-minute pre-draft visit. (Josh Norris)
- Villanova DE Tanoh Kpassagnon took a pre-draft visit to meet with the Lions this week. (Dave Birkett)
- Texas Tech FB/LB Luke Stice has worked out for the Saints, Bills, Bears, Chargers, Browns and Cardinals. (Dan Duggan)
- Ben Volin reports that the Patriots’ two-year offer sheet for Bills RB Mike Gillislee is worth $3.96875 million in the first year.
- Volin points out that Gillislee currently counts $1.797 million against the Bills’ salary cap, which means that it will cost them another $2.2 million more in cap space to match the offer sheet. As of now, the Bills have $10.8 million of cap space to work with.
- The Bills have until next Monday to match the offer sheet.