- Former Buccaneers GM Mark Dominik mentions that the NFL and NFLPA have approved some changes to the 10-man practice squad units for the 2016 season.
- According to Dominik, four of the 10 spots on the practice squad can now be used for players who have two years of NFL experience.
- Panthers HC Ron Rivera said he anticipates WR Kelvin Benjamin, LB Luke Kuechly and CB Bene Benwikere to be ready to go when training camp starts. (Steve Reed)
Redskins first-round WR Josh Doctson (Achilles) is expected to be ready for training camp.
“Josh Doctson will be just fine,” WRs coach Ike Hilliard said, via the Washington Post. “I’m not worried about him at all. He can spit out [all the terminology]. He knows it all. He’s going to be real good.”
- Redskins HC Jay Gruden doesn’t think TE Derek Carrier (ACL) will be ready for training camp. (Mike Jones)
- However, Gruden believes OLB Junior Galette (Achilles) and LB Perry Riley (foot) should be ready to go. (Mike Jones)
- Titans HC Mike Mularkey said fifth-round WR Tajae Sharpe is likely to open training camp as a starter. (Terry McCormick)
- Mularkey expects second-round DE Kevin Dodd to be ready to go for training camp. (Terry McCormick)
- According to Mularkey, Perish Cox and Brice McCain are competing for first-team reps at cornerback. (Terry McCormick)