Adam Schefter reports that 49ers first-round LB Reuben Foster slid to No. 31 in the draft because teams were worried about the condition of his shoulder.
A well-placed source with knowledge of the injury tells Schefter that “the surgery didn’t take.”
The 49ers told reporters after the draft that they’re comfortable with Foster’s right shoulder. However, another source predicted that he will not be able to make it through his rookie season while adding his shoulder “could give out on any hit.”
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy mentioned via his Twitter account that he would like to see the team hire Chiefs’ co-director of player personnel Brett Veach as their new GM.
- While it’s possible the Bills could interview Veach, Terez A. Paylor reports that the Bills have not requested permission to speak to him up to this point.
- The Bills are interviewing Texans director of player personnel Brian Gaine for their GM job this week. (NFLTR)
- Dan Duggan reports that the Giants are signing East Carolina undrafted free agent CB DeShaun Amos.
- Jets QB Josh McCown confirmed that he along with Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty will all compete for the starting role: “I hope that’s Hack’s goal and Bryce’s goal as well.” (Kimberley A. Martin)