Home / Jets / NFL Notes: Russell Wilson, Jets, Rams, Redskins, & Steelers
NFL Notes: Russell Wilson, Jets, Rams, Redskins, & Steelers
- Jason La Canfora would be “very surprised” if anything changed in regards to contract talks between the Seahawks and QB Russell Wilson.
- La Canfora doesn’t see either side flinching at this point in time, and believe it would take a “massive shift in terms of the kind of up-front money ownership is willing to spend to facilitate this deal.“
- La Canfora continues to hear from sources that the structure Seattle is offering would essentially be a “pay-as-you-go” deal and the true guaranteed money remains a “significant obstacle.”
- In the end, La Canfora expects the Seahawks to franchise Wilson next year.
- According to Jason La Canfora, the Jets and DE Muhammad Wilkerson need to get creative and try to get a deal done.
- La Canfora suggests a three-year deal worth $36M with a large portion guaranteed could make sense for the two parties.
- Beyond that, the Jets could include an agreement to not franchise Wilkerson after the deal if he reaches certain incentives added to the contract.
- La Canfora expects QB Geno Smith to get around half the season to show what he can before the team considers making a change.
- Even after the Rams have used several drafts including a recent supplemental pick on offensive line help, several scouts around the league still question whether they have enough talent to be a solid unit in 2015, according to Jason La Canfora.
- Jason La Canfora doesn’t expect the Redskins to have a quick hook for QB Robert Griffin III.
- Instead, La Canfora can see HC Jay Gruden giving RGIII a real shot at keeping the job before considering a quarterback change.
- Should RGIII continue to struggle, La Canfora believes the team could make a change around November.
- NFL around the NFL reportedly found the Steelers decision to sign DE Cameron Heyward to a six-year, $59.2 million extension to be a little surprising, according to Jason La Canfora.
- However, as La Canfora points out, the Steelers had a number of factors working against them in this deal, so they ultimately elected to overpay a bit for a player they really like.
Tags Cameron Heyward Geno Smith Jay Gruden Muhammad Wilkerson Robert Griffin III Russell Wilson