- Mike Florio reports that QB Tony Romo‘s status for Week 9 “remains in doubt” as he could end up missing time due to his recent back injury.
- David Chao expects Romo to miss practice this week, but still play on Sunday. He refers to Romo’s injury like being in a car accident: “more sore/stiff the day after due to swelling/spasm.”
- Jerry Jones mentioned that Romo’s Week 9 status will be based on “pain tolerance,” and added that he could be a “game-time decision.” (Clarence Hill)
- HC Jason Garrett mentioned that suspended DT Josh Brent is getting closer to returning to the practice field.
“Anticipate him doing football, but [Wednesday] we’re going to have more of a jog through mode in practice,” Garrett said late Tuesday, via Calvin Watkins of ESPN. “So probably he’ll work on the side just to get more physical work and then work back into practice next week.“
Gary Meyers of the New York Daily News takes a look at potential GM candidates for the Jets should they replace John Idzik.
Sources predicted Chiefs director of player personnel Chris Ballard will be the hottest GM candidate next year. However, Meyers believes Falcons assistant GM Scott Pioli is the best choice.
Former Colts GM Bill Polian and Ravens assistant GM Eric DeCosta were also mentioned in the article, but Meyers doesn’t think they’ll have interest in the Jets’ job.
- Rookie WR Kelvin Benjamin said he purposely ran a slow forty time at the Combine “because I wanted to play for the Panthers.” (David Newton)