Matt Miller of B/R runs through the latest buzz for all 32 teams a few days before the start of the 2017 draft. Here’s a look at some interesting notes from Miller’s article:
- Miller says that Leonard Fournette is in play for the Jaguars at No. 4 overall and they would like to get a quarterback in the first three rounds of the draft.
- A source in the Chiefs scouting department expects them to grab an edge-rusher in the first two rounds with inside linebacker also be high on their priorities list.
- Miller reports that a wide receiver such as Mike Williams or a safety like Malik Hooker is in play for the Chargers at No. 7 overall.
- Miller says that the Rams’ list of wants includes wide receiver, cornerback and tight end. Although, they could attempt to trade back in round 2 to obtain some more draft picks to work with.
- According to Miller, the buzz that the Dolphins could be a landing spot for Western Kentucky G Forrest Lamp “is legit.” Miami would reportedly like to get a defensive end and a tight end early in the draft.
- Interestingly enough, Matt Miller wouldn’t be surprised to see Colorado CB Chidobe Awuzie drafted by the Buccaneers at No. 19 overall.
- A source tells Miller that while RB Dalvin Cook is viewed as a “perfect fit” for the Buccaneers, he’s unlikely to be their guy in round one due to off-the-field concerns.
- Miller expects Tampa Bay to take a defensive end at some point in the first three rounds.
- Matt Miller expects the Cardinals to target a quarterback in round one after speaking with scouts, GMs and coaches on Monday.
- One name to keep an eye on for Arizona, according to Miller, is Texas Tech QB Patrick Mahomes.
- If they go in a different direction, Miller points out that they’ve done “extensive research” on pass-rushers and could address the position in round two.
- A “well-placed source in the Dallas front office” tells Matt Miller that cornerback is a primary need for the Cowboys with Kevin King and possibly Cordrea Tankersley being potential targets for them.
- If the Cowboys miss out on Wisconsin DE/OLB T.J. Watt, Miller believes they could target an edge rusher in the second round and suggests Tarell Basham as someone worth keeping an eye on.
- According to Matt Miller, the Falcons “would love” to get Western Kentucky G Forrest Lamp at No. 31 overall, but the expectation right now is that he won’t make it to them.
- Miller adds that the Falcons could use a defensive end, linebacker and would also like to find a young running back for the future.