- Ian Rapoport mentions that some notable free agents will need to be medically cleared before signing including RB Jamaal Charles, RB Adrian Peterson, G T.J. Lang. Rapoport adds that these players will take visits with prospective teams but will not sign quickly.
- According to Rapoport, Peterson could re-sign with the Vikings.
- Brad Biggs mentions free agent TE Jack Doyle as someone who would fill a need for the Bears. However, Biggs expects the Colts to push hard to re-sign Doyle in the coming days.
- Mike Garafolo reports that the Patriots have reminded their free agents that they can take less money and continue to win in New England. Even though the Patriots have a number of free agents to address this year, Garafolo adds that they are not panicking about the situation.
- Mike Garafolo believes free agent DE Calais Campbell makes a “ton of sense” for the Jaguars, given that he’s tough, smart, reliable, and long.
- Daryl Slater of NJ.com, citing a league source, reports that the Jets are not expected to re-sign LT Ben Ijalana before the start of free agency.
- Slater adds that the Jets have been in touch with Ijalana’s camp about a new deal, but they’ll likely see how things go in free agency.
- Rich Cimini reports that the Jets have expressed interest in re-signing LB Josh Martin, but he’s poised to test the open market.
Ben Volin mentions that the Titans look like a great fit for free agent LB Dont’a Hightower for a number of reasons including:
- Titans need help at inside linebacker
- Tennessee has $61.5 million of cap space
- Titans GM Jon Robinson was actually the Patriots’ director of college scouting when they drafted Hightower
- Hightower is from Lewisburg, Tennessee which is just an hour south of Nashville