- Bills HC Rex Ryan told reporters on Tuesday at the owners meetings that he believes either the Saints or the Rams will be featured on this year’s “Hard Knocks.” (Field Yates)
- The other teams eligible to be forced to appear on the show include the Bears, Bills, Chargers, Jaguars, and Raiders.
Mark Eckel of NJ.com spoke with three NFL scouts regarding Cal QB Jared Goff, and surprisingly all three didn’t have a lot of positive assessments of him.
“I hope somebody takes him early, ahead of us,” one NFC scout said. “That would be great, drop a good player to us.
“I’m just not crazy about him, not at all. He doesn’t win. Show me a quarterback who didn’t win in college, that did well up here? There aren’t many. To me he’s another Jay Cutler. And you can take that any way you want.”
- Aaron Wilson reports that Purdue OL David Hedelin will meet with the Falcons on Tuesday in advance of his Pro Day workout.
Chiefs trainer Rick Burkholder told reporters on Tuesday that he fully expects RB Jamaal Charles (ACL) to be ready in time for the start of training camp.
“We anticipate with no setbacks, they’ll be fine by the time we’re ready to go in July,” said Burkholder, via the Kansas City Star.
- Veteran RB Chris Johnson told Josh Weinfuss that the Dolphins, Cardinals and Patriots all showed interest in him before he re-signed with Arizona.
- Ravens HC John Harbaugh was asked about the possibility of signing free agent DE Greg Hardy, to which he replied: “Greg Hardy? He won’t be a Raven, I can tell you that.” (Todd Archer)
- Harbaugh said that OLB Courtney Upshaw is still on their radar, but Jeff Zrebiec mentions that it still sounds unlikely he’ll return to Baltimore unless nothing else materializes for him.