- Buccaneers GM Jason Licht reiterated during an appearance on SiriusXM NFL Radio that they plan to listen to trade offers for backup QB Mike Glennon: “We will listen and we are listening to teams that are calling.“
- According to Alex Marvez, the Cardinals appear to “have designs” on drafting a developmental quarterback.
- Marvez does not think the Cardinals would be interested in signing free agent QB Robert Griffin III now that they’ve re-signed QB Drew Stanton.
- Jets HC Todd Bowles said that Buster Skrine will begin training camp as the No. 2 cornerback opposite of Darrelle Revis. (Manish Mehta)
According to Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer, there is a good chance that Panthers CB Josh Norman misses offseason workouts and OTAs, considering that contract negotiations have stalled and he appears to be in no rush to sign his franchise tender.
However, Panthers GM Dave Gettleman does not think this will become an issue.
“I don’t think there’ll be any issues. He and I had a great conversation before I put the tag on him,” Gettleman said. “He understands where I’m at. I understand where he’s at. We respect each other’s stance and we’ll just see if we can get (it) done.
“I have to make decisions based on the best interests of the Panthers. We have a philosophy moving forward,” Gettleman said. “We’ve tagged Josh. We have the intention of having him play for us and we’d like to get a long-term deal done. Time will tell. Contracts get done when they’re supposed to get done.”
Person reports that Gettleman spoke with Norman’s agent this week, but the two sides remain “far apart.”
- Raiders HC Jack Del Rio said he is “confident” that DE Mario Edwards Jr. will play in 2016 after suffering a significant neck injury during Week 15. (Alex Marvez)
- In regards to the safety position, Del Rio said: “We need to acquire some people there and create some competition.” (SiriusXM NFL Radio)