The Ravens have already announced the trade with the Buccaneers for veteran OL Jeremy Zuttah.
— Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) March 23, 2014
- Jason La Canfora reports that the Buccaneers receive a 2015 fifth-round pick for Jeremy Zuttah.
- La Canfora adds that the fifth-round pick is not conditional on playing time.
- Mike Garafolo reports that the Ravens will sign OL Jeremy Zuttah to a new contract as part of this trade to Baltimore.
- Brian McIntyre notes that the Buccaneers will save $4.5 million in cash and cap space next season.
- Aaron Wilson confirms that Zuttah will play center for the Ravens next season and receives a “long-term deal” from Baltimore.
- Wilson adds that an agreement is not finalized right now and it remains unclear when the details of the trade will be in place.
- However, sources have told Wilson that the two sides are expected to complete the trade at some point.
Zuttah, 27, is entering the third year of his four-year, $16.3 million contract that included $8.05 million guaranteed. He has base salaries of $4.5 million and $4.25 million coming his way over the next two years.
- OverTheCap.com has his cap figure at $4.5 million next season.
The Buccaneers used a third-round pick on Zuttah out of Rutgers back in 2008. Pro Football Focus has Zuttah rated as the No. 22 center in the league last year out of 35 qualifying players.