Dolphins HC Joe Philbin, for some reason, has yet to announce who will be the team’s starting quarterback in Week 4. However, Ryan Tannehill took it upon himself to clear up the situation on Wednesday.
“(I’m) taking the first snap of the game and playing the game,” Tannehill said, via NFL.com.
Interestingly enough, Tannehill referred to the situation as a “distraction” for the team, which seems a little strange given that they are playing a game in London this week and could really use a bounce-back performance.
“He has his reasons. Honestly, yes, does it feel good to deal with all the distractions that have been created because of the situation? No, but that’s life,” Tannehill said. “You face distractions, you face adversity in life and you have to be able to handle it, you have to be able to fight through it and become a better man and become a better player because of it. So here we are and we’re getting ready to play.”
There has been rumors throughout the week that Philbin could go with Moore, but it looks like an announcement could be made at some point in the near future that Tannehill is their starter.
For what it’s worth, Albert Breer has gotten the sense that Miami’s coaching staff is looking for a spark as they have been disappointed with Tannehill’s start.
All things considered, this isn’t a great look for Philbin seeing as he could have prevented all of this had he not been so cryptic about the team’s quarterback situation earlier in the week.
We’ll have more updates as the news is available.